Rick Allen: Onward and Upward!


     From my very first course (methods with Dr. Curtis) to my thesis (with Dr. Criblez), I will say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at SEMO.  The History dept. faculty and students have made it a wonderful experience!  

     Coming in 2013 as a part-time non-traditional student who was working full-time, I was welcomed and felt a part of the program right away. Each course I took only strengthened my resolve to continue to the point where I decided to retire early and pursue a career in history. Last summer, I did just that and have had the tremendous experience of working as a graduate teaching assistant.  

     What makes the History department at SEMO so successful? I would say it is the faculty. They truly care about the students and their success.  They are never too busy to meet with you, answer a question, or send a recommendation letter.  Not only that, but the students in the department also support each other, both inside and outside the classroom.  You really couldn't ask for anything better.  

Where will I go from here?  I have been accepted into the Phd program at the University of Kentucky and I have also discovered the joy of teaching history.  We'll see what happens!

-Rick Allen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whitney Tucker: A Bright Future Starts with Goodbye!

Sara Doll: Achieving Her Dreams