Sara Doll: Achieving Her Dreams


My time spent here at SEMO has been one that I would not trade for the world.  It feels like yesterday that I received my acceptance letter and decided to move from the middle of nowhere Kansas to a place of similar characteristics but in Missouri.  These two years have been packed with great memories and wonderful experiences.  The classroom provided me with the knowledge I need to succeed in the field, but the program also goes above and beyond providing ample amounts of opportunities to take the classroom knowledge and use it in the real world.  The program also encouraged me to go outside of Missouri and learn about parts of historic preservation in Georgia.  I would have never thought that would happen prior to becoming a part of the program at SEMO.


            From my experience, I have found a new interest in city planning.  Come to find out, there is a career titled Historic Preservation City Planner, that I became aware of while in Georgia.  Since then I have taken classes and been given opportunities to advance my knowledge and experience to prepare for such a career.  Even though I have not officially been offered a position, there is great promise that my career path will follow along one that guides me towards my dream job of becoming a Historic Preservation City Planner.  Two years ago, I would never have dreamed that this would be where I am today but the historic preservation program at SEMO has made it happen and I would not ask for anything else.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rick Allen: Onward and Upward!

Whitney Tucker: A Bright Future Starts with Goodbye!